The following criteria have been set for the consideration of admission of students to St. Maria
Children are considered for admission without regard to race, gender, national or ethnic
A child must be age five (5) by September 1 to enter Kindergarten and age six (6) by
September 1 to enter First Grade.
The following are the priorities for admission of registered students to SMG:
Priority will be given to Active Parish Families.
1. K-8 Students enrolled at St. Maria Goretti School at the conclusion of the previous
2. Siblings of K-8 students currently enrolled at SMG or whose siblings are graduated
3. Children of parish and diocesan employees who are employed by SMG parish or the
Madison Diocese for at least one calendar year.
4. Siblings of previous K-8 students (who have not graduated) at SMG.
5. Children of parent(s) who have attended St. Maria Goretti School.
6. Position on a Waiting List.
7. Children of families who are active parish families in a Catholic Parish that does not
have a Catholic school.
8. Consideration is given to all other applicants.
Non-parishioners shall pay 100% of all educational costs-with the expectation
of involvement in school activities.