|Location||United States, Ellensburg, Washington|
|Nominal duration||2 years|
|Tuition fee||$21,924.00 per year|
Official TOEFL scores should be sent directly to the School of Graduate Studies and Research from ETS (Educational Testing Services). You can register for the TOEFL or request to have scores sent by contacting the TOEFL website at www.toefl.org. Central Washington University’s school code is #4044.
International students must meet one of the following English proficiency requirements:
A score of 213 or above on the computer-based TOEFL
The minimum score for the IELTS is 6.5. Official IELTS scores should be sent directly to the School of Graduate Studies and Research from IELTS. Photocopies are not acceptable. Scores more than two years old cannot be used for Admissions. You can register for the IELTS or request to have scores sent by contacting the IELTS website. Central Washington University’s school code is #4044.
Students who originate from one of the following countries are exempt from having to take the TOEFL or IELTS: Australia, Ireland, New Zealand, United Kingdom, and English-speaking provinces of Canada.
1. Application ($50.00 fee/can apply online: app.applyyourself.com/?id=cwugrad)
2. Statement of Educational and Professional Objectives. Write a statement, approximately 500 words, of educational and professional objectives outlining your career goals and detailing any additional information that will help the admissions committee understand your educational objectives and needs. The statement of educational and professional objectives is one of the most important deciding factors for entrance into graduate school. One resource that may help guide your organization of the statement is the Online Writing Lab at Purdue University.
3. Three letters of recommendation (May be submitted online with your application by supplying contact information for your three recommenders. These recommenders will receive an automatic email notifying them of your request to complete a recommendation. If your recommender prefers to send a letter by mail, forms can be found here: Recommendation for Graduate Studies
4. Official transcripts from all universities attended accompanied by a transcript evaluation (information regarding the transcript evaluation can be found above.
5. 3.0 GPA or above on your last 90 quarter credits/60 semester credits (3.25 for Computational Science)
6. TOEFL test (79 IBT) or IELTS test (6.5 academic)- waived if received a bachelor’s degree from a US university or from a university where the main language of instruction is English.
7. Confidential Financial Statement accompanied by financial documentation (information about the Confidential Financial Statement can be found here: www.cwu.edu/sites/cts.cwu.edu.international-programs/files/documents/OISP/cfs_admit.pdf)
8. Writing Samples Writing samples are required for the following programs: English (7-10 pages); History (7-10 pages); Theatre Studies (5 pages preferably in your discipline); Law and Justice (minimum 2 pages from college course or work related); Exercise Science (please contact the department at 509-963-1911 to receive your topic for the required 2 page writing sample).
When applying online you must use a credit card to pay the $50 application fee. Your application will be denied indefinitely if you use a fraudulent credit card. Please ensure you use a valid credit card to pay your application fee.