|Study location||United Kingdom, Birmingham|
|Type||Distance Learning Programme, full-time|
|Nominal duration||3 years|
|Tuition fee||$20,970.00 per year|
Undergraduate diploma (or higher)
The University will consider students who have taken A Level examinations or the International Baccalaureate (IB) for entrance to undergraduate programmes.
Holders of a good Lisans Diplomasi with a minimum grade point average (GPA) of 3.0 from a recognised university will be considered for postgraduate study at Diploma or Masters level.
Holders of a Yuksek Diplomasi from a recognised university will be considered for PhD study.
Holders of the Lise Diplomasi or Lise Bitirme Diplomasi from certain schools with a score of 4/5 or 70/100, or who have also taken SAT (Scholastic Aptitude Test) and AP (Advanced Placement) tests will be considered for admission to Bachelor degree programmes. For more deails on SAT and AP requirements, please refer to the USA country-specific pages.
The entry qualification documents are accepted in the following languages: English.
Often you can get a suitable transcript from your school. If this is not the case, you will need official translations along with verified copies of the original.
You must take verified copies of the entry qualification documents along with you when you finally go to the university.
IELTS 7,0 total with no less than 6.0 in any band
PTE Academic 59 in all four skills
Cambridge English: Advanced Minimum overall score of 176, with no less than 169 in any component
At least 2 reference(s) should be provided.
This new distance learning version of our well established campus-based programme of the same name, allows dentists anywhere in the world to gain a higher degree without interrupting their practice while receiving all the benefits that the University of Birmingham can offer. It will enable you to:
- improve the quality of care provided to patients
- increase your insight and understanding, resulting in greater awareness of the management of patients
- provide a base for personal professional development
- continue working in your practice while studying for your higher degree
- improve your employability in a highly competitive jobs market
A unique aspect of the Birmingham Masters programme will be to provide you with your own phantom head jaws, equipment and teaching materials to allow you to refine your practical skills and learn new techniques across a wide range of operative procedures in conservative dentistry, endodontics and periodontology.
The online course curriculum meets the same objectives as the taught version:
- To provide you with the opportunity to enhance your clinical knowledge, insight and expertise in areas directly relating to your practice
- To enhance quality of care provided to your patients
- To provide a base for enjoyable personal professional development
- To improve your employability in a highly competitive job market
- To provide support for achieving other qualifications – ORE, MFDS, FFGDP, MJDF etc
The MSc Advanced General Dental Practice programme is a Masters degree taught and accredited by the University of Birmingham, and is an excellent addition to your Curriculum Vitae (CV) when seeking new job opportunities. It proves that you have an advanced level of knowledge and skill in your chosen profession, that you have a commitment to improving the quality of your patient care, and that you understand the business aspects of General Dental Practice. These are all important qualities to potential employers.